Weston Hurd attorneys – Morris Hawk, Deirdre Henry, Rema Ina, Donald Jaffe, and Nancy Noall had an opportunity on November 5, to dialog with human resource professionals, business owners and managers at the Wire-Net seminar for manufacturers on the topic of Manufacturers: Help Is On the Way – Answers For Your Day-to-Day Employment Challenges. The speakers addressed questions such as:
- Do you struggle with employees taking off on Mondays & Fridays and charging it to their Family and Medical Leave?
- Do any of your employees get called for active duty?
- Have employees posted bad things about you on Facebook?
The attorneys provided guidance on how to navigate the employment-related mine fields that owners and human resource professionals deal with on a daily basis, specifically:
Employee Handbooks, Workers’ Compensation and the NLRB
- Recent changes to employee handbooks requirements you should be aware of
- Identifying terminable offenses and requests for temporary total near the time of employment termination
- Social media policies, drug testing policies, and more!
Investigating FMLA Abuse
- Employee who suddenly comes down with migraines every Friday?
- Employee’s child suddenly develops a serious medical condition right after you refuse his requested vacation time?
- Options a company has if it suspects an employee is misusing FMLA.
USERRA –Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
- Employment requirements under the Act
- Employment practices USERRA requires or prohibits
- Procedures in a USERRA complaint and enforcement remedies