The Mergers, Acquisitions and Dispositions attorneys represent both buyers and sellers of businesses and business units. The attorneys assist clients in choosing the appropriate form of entity to use in executing and structuring their transaction, negotiate and draft letters of intent, coordinate and assist in the performance of due diligence, negotiate and draft the various types of agreements involved in documenting the transaction, review and provide counsel with respect to compliance with applicable securities laws, review and provide counsel with respect to the tax consequences of the transaction, and help to arrange and negotiate necessary financing for the transaction.
Representative matters handled by the attorneys include:
- Negotiated a multi-million dollar acquisition of account portfolio in office equipment sales service and maintenance industry.
- Spin off of pharma distributor to publicly held integrated pharmacy benefits service company.
- Represented a privately-held, Ohio-based leading producer of specialty additives used in ladle refining of molten steel in its sale to a worldwide industrial services company.
- Acquisition of a multi-state retailer for a regional leader in the category.
- A series of acquisitions by a local grocery store chain.
- Multiple acquisitions of specialty chemical distributors for a local $500 million revenue company.
- Multiple acquisitions of service companies for a local Fortune 100 energy company.
- Combination $95 million stock purchase and joint venture acquisition of Australian and Mexican subsidiaries of a U.S. corporation for the wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary of a Belgian corporation in the flexible substrate/specialty films industry.
- Divestiture of 43 service operating units of a Fortune 100 petroleum company.
- $25 million divestiture of specialty insurance products and insurance services firm.
- $22 million asset acquisition by a regional rental car company.
- $12.7 million asset acquisition by a regional rental car company.
- $3.2 million asset acquisition by a regional bottled water company.
- $2.8 million asset sale of a fluid power equipment manufacturing company.
- $1.9 million asset sale for a regional petroleum distributor.