Representation of the Retail & Hospitality sector involves transactional matters such as real estate and mergers/acquisitions/joint venture agreements and litigation in matters involving premises liability.
Representative matters include:
- Representing retailers sued by customers for personal injury.
- Acquisition of a multi-state retailer for a regional leader in the category.
- Negotiating joint venture agreement and ancillary agreements to develop and finance big box anchored retail center;
- Negotiating numerous development agreements with national big box retailers;
- Drafting and negotiating numerous REA’s, OEA’s and CCR’s and other shared use agreements on behalf of shopping center developer/landlords.
- Lender representation with regard to financial restructuring for hotel properties, deed in lieu of foreclosure with subsequent sale to a new owner.
- Representing landlord in drafting and negotiating big box home improvement store leases, big box mass merchandiser leases, national family apparel and home furnishing store leases, regional home entertainment and electronics store leases, regional jewelry store leases; national video store leases, ground leases to automobile service station operator, regional cell tower operator and national big box retailer, and numerous smaller regional and local tenant store leases.
- Representing regional school supplies operator in a five state area and national jewelry store operator.