The Commercial Litigation Group participates in a variety of litigation and arbitration matters and has broad experience in all forms of alternative dispute resolution. This group advises clients across a range of major business disputes from counseling through mediation, arbitration, trial and appeal. A significant part of the practice involves complex, multi-jurisdictional matters involving multiple parties and multiple adversaries. In addition to advising on complex litigation, the attorneys also handle issues involving, breach of contract, breach of warranty, franchisor-franchisee matters, negligence, recovery of unpaid funds, shareholder disputes, and Ohio Consumer Sales Practices Act cases involving unfair sales practices.
The commercial litigators are known for evaluating legal business issues from the perspective of trial attorneys as well as experienced business people. The group employs a team approach in problem solving and works closely with its business clients to resolve disputes.
Representative matters include:
- a multi-million dollar construction company in claims litigation.
- a local restaurant in a shareholder dispute involving allegations of financial misconduct with company funds.
- an investor in asset recovery of invested funds in a failed restaurant.
- an individual and an estate in recovering on a breach of contract in the sale of a family-owned business.
- a franchisor in disputes with franchisees.
- businesses and individuals in Ohio Consumer Sales Practices Act cases involving unfair sales practices.
- multiple businesses and manufacturers in defending against civil allegations of negligence, breach of contract, and breach of warranty cases.
- Individuals and businesses accused of torts for interference with business relationships, intentional infliction of emotional distress, assault, conspiracy, and civil RICO claims.