Weston Hurd’s Real Estate team draws upon the extensive knowledge and experience of its member attorneys in all aspects of real estate representation. The practice encompasses planning, negotiating, drafting, closing assistance and problem resolution involving residential, commercial and industrial real estate.
This group represents clients in all aspects of acquisitions, financing, development (including expansion and rehabilitation), leasing and disposition of a wide variety of commercial properties throughout the United States, including office buildings, regional shopping malls, strip shopping centers, hotels, retirement communities and mixed use developments. They also advise developers in the construction, financing and sale of condominiums and cooperatives.
The attorneys represent owners, developers, buyers, sellers, lenders, investors, landlords and tenants in all aspects of real estate-related transactions. The goal is to complete the planning, preparation, and documentation of the transaction in accordance with the client’s instructions and to provide legal services which are not only of the highest quality but also timely and cost efficient.
Real Estate Transactional Representation
- Local counsel for a new $160 million corporate world headquarters construction.
- Counsel in multimillion dollar sale and leaseback of major healthcare provider facility.
- $10 million plus acquisition of commercial parcels, construction of manufacturing and warehouse facility and complex leasing arrangements in a build-to-suit leasehold transaction.
- Lender representation with regard to financial restructuring for hotel properties, deed in lieu of foreclosure with subsequent sale to a new owner.
- Negotiate joint venture agreements and ancillary agreements to develop and finance big box anchored retail center.
- Negotiate numerous development agreements with national big box retailers.
- Represent the owner in the sale of a 40,000 sq. ft. commercial building.
- Represent landlord in the drafting and negotiating of leases for big box home improvement store, big box mass merchandiser, national family apparel and home furnishing store, regional home entertainment and electronics store, regional jewelry store, automobile service station operator, regional cell tower operator and national big box retailer.
- Represent regional school supplies operator in a five state area and national jewelry store operator in tenant matters.
- Counsel in the lease of 13,000 square feet of office space in a new Cleveland commercial space.
- Renegotiate lease for large industrial building.
- Draft and negotiate REAs, OEAs and CCRs and other shared use agreements on behalf of shopping center developer/landlords.
Real Estate Litigation Representation
- Represent the developer in a claim brought by the plaintiff/tenant who alleged that he was entitled to rent abatement due to the defendant’s failure to complete construction and the landlord’s cross-claim for eviction and past-due rent.